As you know Microsoft Exchange server 2013 is a new version of a powerfull and enterprise ready corporate messaging solution from Microsoft. MS Lync and MS Exchange togather brings a solution that will collabrate you and your cowokers. When Lync 2013 is integrated with Exchange 2013 you will get the following features:
1. Archiving integration will give you ability to store IMs with users mailbox but you can still use MS SQL database. What is the difference and which type of storing is better for you? When coming to enterprise there must be several regulations and compliance requirements. Storring Lync IM's on users mailbox give your Audit team ability to search accross Exchnage eDsicovery for e-mails and IMs from single console.
2. Unified Contact Store give you ability to store Lync contacts togather with your Outlook contacts. Now you don't have to seperate your contacts and keep them up to date.
3. High resolution photo. Before Lync clients photos are stored in Active Directory with small resolution (96x96). Now with Exchange server 2013 Lync clients photos can be in a HD resolution which will give your clients to see HD photos in a video conferences while users camera is turned off or users don't have any camera devices.
Let's begin configuration.
Now most of Microsoft products starting support for OAuth trust. This authentication mechanism brings to front the new way for trust between two applications. This protocol for authentication give you the ability to make a trust relationship between two applications using security tokkens without providing login and password. Additional information about OAuth can be found HERE
1. Ensure that your Exchange server is configured with correct AutoDiscover URL. I.e. https://autodiscover.litwareinc.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml
2. Open Lync Shell and paste this command:
Set-CsOAuthConfiguration -Identity global -ExchangeAutodiscoverUrl "https://autodiscover.litwareinc.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.svc
Configuring Partner Applications
Lync to Exchange
Open Exchange Shell and run the following script,
C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\Scripts\Configure-EnterprisePartnerApplication.ps1 -AuthMetaDataUrl 'https://atl-cs-001.litwareinc.com/metadata/json/1' -ApplicationType Lync
Note: atl-cs-001.litwareinc.com is the name of your Lync SE server or Lync Pool name.
Exchange to Lync
Open Lync Shell and type the following command:
New-CsPartnerApplication -Identity Exchange -ApplicationTrustLevel Full -MetadataUrl https://autodiscover.litwareinc.com/autodiscover/metadata/json/1
Note: autodiscover.litwareinc.com is the name of Autodiscover URL. Provide your own URL by running
Get-ClientAccessServer in your Exchange Management Shell.
Test your configuration by running Test-CsExStorageConnectivity -SipUri "sip:firstname.lastname@example.org".
That's the on of configuration portion.